Photo gallery: St. Alexis Parish fish fry
Published: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, March 14, 2013
St. Alexis Parish has a fish fry each Friday during Lent except for Good Friday to raise money for its youth ministry.
Dinner is available from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the cafeteria at St. Alexis School, 10090 Old Perry Highway in McCandless. The menu includes a choice of baked cod or the “King Cod,” fresh-battered fried fish; two side dishes; rolls; a homemade dessert of the diner's choice; and a drink. There are no drinks with takeout meals.
The cost is $9 for adults, $6 for children younger than 10 and free for children younger than 3. Sandwiches are $6, and soup and a roll is $3, including Boston clam chowder, new this year.
Parking spaces for people with disabilities or who are picking up takeout orders are available behind the cafeteria. Takeout meals may be ordered by calling 724-401-1FRY after 3:30 on fish-fry days or going to stalexis.org.
- North Hills math teacher Rick Roth rolls with new technology in the classroom
- Pine, Richland to see tax hike to fund school budget
- Pine-Richland graduate wins national architecture contest
- Franklin Elementary students, staff raise more than $11K for African library
- Work ethic, writing ability leads Pine-Richland eighth-grader to state recognition
- 5K event in North Park to honor friend killed in vehicle crash
- Environmental ingenuity leads Shaler Area students to honor
- Aquinas teacher becomes U.S. citizen
- Clarion County man travels throughout area making sure horses have healthy teeth
- Hampton announces summer paving plans
- Cardone ready to retire as director of athletics
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.