By Deborah Deasy
Published: Monday, March 18, 2013, 4:12 p.m.
Updated: Monday, March 18, 2013
The Pennsylvania Turnpike will close to eastbound and westbound traffic from 11:59 p.m. March 23, to 5 a.m. March 24, between the Butler Valley (Exit 39) and Allegheny Valley (Exit 48) interchanges.
The turnpike is closing for five hours to accommodate the demolition and removal of the overhead Middle Road Bridge at milepost 40.2 in Hampton Township.
The bridge closed March 11 for demolition and replacement by the end of 2013.
During the turnpike closure, cards with detour directions will be available at the Butler Valley and Allegheny Valley interchanges for motorists forced to exit the interstate. The alternate routes direct drivers to use Routes 8, 28 and 910 and Freeport Road.
The Middle Road Bridge is among six overhead spans being replaced in preparation for the total reconstruction and widening of the turnpike between the Butler Valley and Allegheny Valley interchanges by 2018.
- Photo Gallery: Bike rodeo in Ross Township
- Bird expert brings flock to Northland Public Library
- Photo Gallery: Springathon at St. Teresa of Avila School
- Hampton school budget plan calls for small tax rate hike
- McCandless autocross benefit gets on ‘Fast Track to a Cure’ this month
- Primary info for North Allegheny, Franklin Park, McCandless, other races
- Photo Gallery: Bullseye’s Book Bash at the Northland Public Library
- Millvale career fair slated to help get residents working
- Millvale art show to feature works of school art teachers
- North Hills students can earn college credits with welding course
- Record haul recorded in Shaler drug take-back event
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.