I-79 traffic stoppages planned for Sunday morning in Franklin Park
By North Journal
Published: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 3:27 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, March 21, 2013
Traffic in both directions on Interstate 79 in Franklin Park will be stopped intermittently Sunday morning, weather permitting, because of overhead utility work, PennDOT officials say.
Brief traffic stoppages of 15 minutes or less will occur between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. in the area just south of the Route 910/Wexford Bayne Road interchange, Exit 73. Crews under contract with Consolidated Communications Inc. will be performing cable work across I-79.
Additional slow traffic also might occur on I-79. Overall work is expected to conclude by 11 a.m.
PennDOT officials urge motorists to use caution, slow down and expect to stop when traveling on I-79 through the area.
- Jerry O’Brien is Democratic nominee for Ross tax collector
- Photo Gallery: Bullseye’s Book Bash at the Northland Public Library
- Pine-Richland board proposes tax hike
- McCandless sixth-grader earns science accolades, a family tradition
- Bird expert brings flock to Northland Public Library
- Photo Gallery: Bike rodeo in Ross Township
- North Allegheny senior McCoy named 2013 Presidential Scholar
- North Hills senior has golden moment with writing competition
- Men dedicated to preserving veterans’ final resting spots in Hampton Cemetery
- Richland Elementary’s Farmer selected state substitute teacher of year
- Shaler officials to lower property taxes
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.