I-79 traffic stoppages planned for Sunday morning in Franklin Park
Traffic in both directions on Interstate 79 in Franklin Park will be stopped intermittently Sunday morning, weather permitting, because of overhead utility work, PennDOT officials say.
Brief traffic stoppages of 15 minutes or less will occur between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. in the area just south of the Route 910/Wexford Bayne Road interchange, Exit 73. Crews under contract with Consolidated Communications Inc. will be performing cable work across I-79.
Additional slow traffic also might occur on I-79. Overall work is expected to conclude by 11 a.m.
PennDOT officials urge motorists to use caution, slow down and expect to stop when traveling on I-79 through the area.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dedicated volunteers help make Ross flea market a success
- Ross commissioners set rules for solar panels
- New Hampton police officer ready for his full-time position
- Events for disc golf world championships taking place in Marshall
- North Allegheny grad highlights church history for Eagle project
- Franklin Park woman honored by Lupus Foundation
- Shaler Area High School students tour Japan
- Garden idea takes root in Ross
- Despite challenges, farms in North Hills are growing
- Hampton landlords required to register apartments
- Move in age group nets dividends for Franklin Park tennis player