Photo Gallery: Pi Day at North Hills Junior High
Published: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 9:01 p.m.
Students at North Hills Junior High School and elsewhere in the world celebrated Pi Day on March 14.
The Greek letter pi is used in mathematics to represent the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter — which is approximately 3.14.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Shaler Area School Board sets tax increase limit
- Lane closures planned for Parkway North starting Tuesday
- Woodlands Foundation rum, apricot-brandy cake sale marks 10th year
- Hampton middle schoolers learn they can create change
- Photo Gallery: Boy Scout pancake breakfast in West View
- North Hills Chorale members help light season with concerts
- Richland starts condemnation process of land to boost safety at intersection
- Former school coming down; plans not revealed
- Photo Gallery: Rocket project at West View Elementary School
- Photo Gallery: Hanukkah dinner at McCandless temple