Photo Gallery: Field of Flags in McCandless
Published: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
A display of 6,673 flags was set up at Memorial Park Church in McCandless on April 5, 2013. The flags represent the number of American military personnel who have died in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and make up the Field of Flags traveling memorial that is scheduled to be the church, 8800 Peebles Road in McCandless, through May 1.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- ‘Elf on the Shelf’ finds a home in Highcliff kindergarten class
- Hampton motel might have no vacancies — permanently
- Poff students create art, jewelry for children in Haiti
- Safety drives need for North Park trail improvements
- Ross film festival to feature ‘Looney Tunes’ short films
- Glenshaw church members’ generosity to benefit mothers in need
- No tax increase with new Shaler budget
- Hampton Twp. budget proposal keeps taxes steady
- McCandless student wins ‘My Holiday Wish’ Coloring Contest
- Photo Gallery: North Star Kids concert in McCandless
- Wexford Elementary teacher honored for special education work