3 businesses get OK from Pine officials
A new Wendy's and Chipotle Mexican Grill are coming to Pine Township, along with Sports and Courts, an indoor sports complex.
Wendy's will replace and lease the Bauerle nursery property on Route 19 and Brooker Drive. Chipotle Mexican Grill will replace the vacant, former 7-Eleven at Bonnie View Drive and Route 19, owned by Gigliotti Properties.
Sports and Courts will operate in the 6,000 square-foot former warehouse on Warrendale-Bakerstown Road.
Pine supervisors approved land development plans for all three establishments on June 17.
Glenn and Carol Foglio of Foglio Enterprise plan to reincarnate the former warehouse at 304 Warrendale-Bakerstown Road — located near Franklin Road — to create Sports and Courts.
The structure will be masonry and metal, said architect Maximilian Mavrovic, president of Mavrovic Architects, Shadyside.
The interior of the building will feature a 50-foot-by-84-foot court to accommodate multiple sports.
Dave Gray of McCandless, known throughout the community as “Coach Dave Gray,” will direct operations.
Sports and Courts plans to primarily offer training for those ages 3 to 15 who like to play football, baseball or basketball, for example, “so kids can basically come and build their skills,” Gray said.
“We'll have league play for kids,” Gray said, citing basketball and flag football among the options for league play.
Sports and Courts also will offer opportunities for youths to simply drop in and play a sport.
“The whole idea is to get kids active,” Gray said.
The Foglios plan to construct a new concession stand on the property where groups can gather, and people can buy pizza, hot dogs and other refreshments.
Long-range plans for the facility include construction of a second building with artificial turf.
Mike Foglio, son of the property owners, said he expects Sports and Courts to open in September.
Deborah Deasy is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-772-6369 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dance marathon at Pine-Richland to help kids battle cancer
- La Roche program to focus on protecting children
- Son of former Hampton police chief in race for district judge nod
- Hampton students gear up for opening of ‘The Addams Family’ musical
- Pine Girl Scout’s 5K project to help sick teens
- Public shows set for April at North Hills planetarium
- Shaler Area students turn single-use coffee containers into tiny planters
- Pine-Richland inks 7-year deal with different transportation provider
- ‘Disney’s Beauty and the Beast’ gives Hampton native opportunity to shine
- Business as usual despite Perry Highway work
- Photo Gallery: Egg-normous Easter Egg Hunt in Ross