Route 19 now open in West View
Published: Wednesday, July 3, 2013, 4:33 p.m.
Route 19 now is open in both directions at the intersection with Center Avenue in West View, PennDOT officials have announced.
The road closed two weeks ago so local crews could repair damage from a sinkhole.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- North Pittsburgh Quilters Guild helps stitch together memories
- Cuts in food stamps leave more people turning to pantries
- Former school coming down; plans not revealed
- Garden project earns Shaler Area teacher national honor
- La Roche archivist aims to shed light on Pittsburgh during World War I
- Shaler Area board welcomes 4 new members
- North Park project expected to generate short-term inconveniences, long-term benefits
- Local talent looks to bring laughter to Shaler library
- Pine-Richland welcomes new board member
- NA senior wins national ‘No Kid Hungry’ writing contest
- McCandless couple’s charity helps out ‘Just for Kicks’