North Hills School Board seeks applicants for board vacancy
The North Hills School Board is seeking applications from residents who want to take over the school board seat left vacant by Thomas J. Baker, who announced his resignation Tuesday.
Baker was elected to Allegheny County Council in November.
Ross and West View residents interested in the North Hills position should submit letters of intent by 4 p.m. Dec. 13 to Lori Rieger, School Board Secretary, North Hills School District, 135 Sixth Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15229.
Public interviews will be held in the North Hills Middle School large-group-instruction room at 7 p.m. Jan. 9 before an appointment is made on Jan. 16, school officials said.
The newly appointed board member will hold the seat through Dec. 7, 2015, unless he or she is elected in 2015.
Baker's resignation takes effect Jan. 1.
“It was an incredible experience working hard here on the North Hills School Board,” Baker said. “I'm proud of what we accomplished here.”
Kelsey Shea is a staff writer at Trib Total Media. Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 724-772-6353.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hampton students step up, provide artwork for educator’s new book
- ‘Pippin’ presents challenge to Pine-Richland students
- New St. Alphonsus pastor has Hampton roots
- Ross police to hold personal-safety program March 14
- Kiss a pig contest to benefit The Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania
- Shaler man a leader for St. Barnabas
- Champion NA swimmer credits time spent at Olympic Training Center
- Longtime Shaler board member decides to retire
- Hampton considers revised rules for off-road vehicles
- La Roche College begins offering women’s lacrosse
- NH Middle School earns distinction as ‘school to watch’