Lane closures planned for Parkway North starting Tuesday
By Kelsey Shea
Published: Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, 12:33 p.m.
Lane closures are planned for the Parkway North this week, beginning at 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Allegheny Country Department of Public Works officials announced nightly single-lane and shoulder closures this week on the northbound and southbound Parkway North, also known as Interstate 279.
The restrictions will be in place between Exit 5, Perrysville Avenue, and Exit 7, West View, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. beginning Tuesday and continuing through Friday, Dec. 13.
Officials advise motorists to use caution and watch for changing traffic patterns.
The lane and shoulder closures are necessary to take down a protective shielding system over I-279 as part of the county's preservation project on the Levi Bird Duff Bridge, which carries Center Street over the Parkway North between Bellevue and Ross Township, officials said.
Kelsey Shea is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-772-6353 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West View schedules neighborhood cleanup day for April 26
- Hampton considers adding guidance counselor at high school
- Vincentian Academy looks at expansion plans
- Absenteeism of North Hills School Board member causes concern
- Pine-Richland officials look to improve curriculum consistency
- Student activity fee at Pine-Richland could be raised
- All that Jazz Shaler North Hills Library hosting concert
- Franklin Park man presents program that examines seedier side of Hollywood
- Hampton woman, Aspinwall man team to help small businesses succeed
- Hampton, Pine, Richland named Banner Communities
- Unused West View land to become green solution for stormwater runoff