Richland supervisors settle in; delay vote on employee salaries
Shaler High School alumnus Herb Dankmyer recently started his 27th year of public service as the re-appointed chairman of Richland Township Board of Supervisors.
Ray Kendrick, a Richland supervisor since 1984, also was re-appointed as the board's vice-chairman at the supervisors' annual organizational meeting on Jan. 6.
Sworn in for new, four-term terms on the board were Republican supervisors John Marshall and Bart Miller, who won re-election in November. Marshall and Miller joined the board in 2010.
Among their first decisions of 2014, the supervisors voted to table an ordinance establishing salaries for Richland Township employees until the supervisors finalize a new contract with Richland's six public works employees — all members of Teamsters Local 205. Their old contract expired Dec. 31.
“We're still in negotiations and the men are working under terms of that agreement,” said Dean Bastianini, manager of Richland Township. “We're about to settle, though.”
Bastianini was re-appointed township manager at the Jan. 6 meeting. Jerry Reichert was re-appointed assistant manager of Richland Township.
The supervisors also re-appointed Goehring, Rutter & Boehm, the downtown Pittsburgh law firm, as solicitor for the township.
Among other appointments, the supervisors named William Haas to a five-year term on Richland Township Municipal Authority; James McChesney to a four-year term on Richland Township Planning Commission; and Chris Opalinski to a three-year term on Richland Township Zoning Hearing Board.
The supervisors also appointed Annette Robinson and Anton Krysa to five-year terms on Richland Township Parks and Recreation Committee.
Meetings of the Richland Township Board of Supervisors are set for 7 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of February, March, April, May, October, November and December. The supervisors also will meet on the third Wednesday of June, July, August and September.
Tours to acquaint the supervisors with local road improvement projects are set for April 2 and Oct. 1.
The supervisors' next meeting is set for 7 p.m. Jan. 22 in Richland Township Municipal Building, 4019 Dickey Road.
Deborah Deasy is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-772-6369 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Marshall Mangler features running, bike races on North Park trails
- Spaghetti dinner to benefit West Deer boy with rare condition
- Grandmother’s illness leads Shaler Area student to join cancer fight
- Richland gets new truck to clean sewer lines, storm water drains
- McCandless library offers chance to ‘Meet Our Local Authors’
- Gala in Hampton to raise money for scholarship program
- North Allegheny graduates on PSU homecoming court
- North Hills board approves 2015-16 school calendar
- Pine-Richland pushes up final day of classes to June 5
- Berkeley Hills Fire Company gets $17K FEMA grant
- Hampton event to look for middle ground, discuss ‘Gun Safety in a Free Society’