Longtime Perry Highway gas station up for sale
Here's a chance to operate your own gas station.
The 7-Eleven store chain wants to sell its BP fuel-pumping business and convenience store at 10594 Perry Highway.
The 32-year-old station and store currently show Easy Trip and BP signage and adjoins Noodles & Company on Route 19 near the Pine-McCandless border.
Allegheny County assesses the property's value at $467,000, including building and land.
“It's a nice place to meet and talk,” said Bobby Grier of Pine, a retired Community College of Allegheny County administrator.
Grier stops there daily for coffee, always mixed with two vanilla creamers and seven packets of sugar.
“He's part of our family,” said Ina Leasure, the store's manager.
Leasure and assistant manager Harry Becki seem to know everyone who comes through the doors for cigarettes or friendly quick service.
“Maybe there's someone who would like to have a mom-and-pop convenience store in Wexford and will retain these great employees,” said 7-Eleven spokeswoman Margaret Chabris. “Somebody might want to turn it into a dry cleaner.”
The 7-Eleven chain currently owns and operates the gas station and store through a lease arrangement.
Allegheny County's property assessment records list the land's owner as C.H. Realty III/ Wexford L.P.
Why is 7-Eleven unloading the eight-pump, 20,909-square-foot gas station and 733-square-foot store?
“They didn't feel the store had the right size for what we want to do,” Chabris said.
The station is one of only three current fuel stops on Route 19 between McCandless and Marshall Township.
The station also is among 72 stations in nine states that 7-Eleven Inc. wants to sell, including a dozen sites in Pennsylvania.
All are among 1,000 sites acquired by 7-Eleven in the past three years, according to Robbie Radant, vice president of mergers and acquisitions for 7-Eleven, Inc.
Chicago-based NRC Realty and Capital Advisors is coordinating sales of the properties and accepting sealed bids for the sites. A complete list of the properties is available www.nrc.com/1402.
The deadline to submit bids is April 1.
To register for sale updates or more information, call the NRC Customer Service Center at 800-747-3342, ext. 1402.
Deborah Deasy is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-772-6369 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Shaler North Hills Library program makes participants smile
- ‘A Chours Line’ featuring Pine-Richland flavor
- Final phase of Fall Run Road project in Shaler to improve sight distance
- Hampton event to look for middle ground, discuss ‘Gun Safety in a Free Society’
- McCandless library offers chance to ‘Meet Our Local Authors’
- North Hills Rock Orchestra performs to a different beat
- Marshall Mangler features running, bike races on North Park trails
- Hampton to host Allegheny Valley Band Festival
- Grandmother’s illness leads Shaler Area student to join cancer fight
- Pine-Richland pushes up final day of classes to June 5