Ross Democrats holding Meet the Candidates Night Tuesday
Candidates for local and state offices will be available to discuss their campaigns and current community issues in Ross Township next week.
Ross residents can meet candidates at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Sieb's Banquet Facility, 3382 Babcock Boulevard in Ross Township.
The event will be hosted by the Ross Township Democratic Committee.
The Ross Township Democratic Committee also is seeking individuals interested in filling positions as Democratic committeepersons.
Petitions for positions as a committeepersons require 10 valid signatures and can be notarized at the March 4 Meet the Candidates Night.
Committeepersons work to get candidates elected by canvassing neighborhoods, working the polls, attending committee meetings and make endorsements.
All 72 Democratic committeeperson seats are up for re-election this year, committee secretary Sabrina Korbel, 37, of Ross said.
Each of Ross' nine wards has four districts. Each district has a male and female committeeperson.
Fifty of the seats are filled, and 22 currently are vacant.
All seats are up for election in the May 20 primary. Each committeeperson is elected to a four-year term.
For more information or to obtain a petition, call Franny Salachup, committee chairwoman at 412-366-9746.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bridge work to close Little Pine Creek Road in Shaler
- Cala Lily Cafe gets new life, location
- Storytelling festival events set for 2 Hampton sites
- Drone to help Northern Regional police zone in on missing, fleeing people
- Organizing background checks takes schools time
- Photo Gallery: St. Athanasius Parish Festival
- Franklin Park woman honored by Lupus Foundation
- Northgate Church members lead mission trip to help poor in West Virginia
- Move in age group nets dividends for Franklin Park tennis player
- North Hills grad earns ‘principal of the year’ honor
- Zelienople-based skateboard business starting to take off