Ross Democrats holding Meet the Candidates Night Tuesday
Candidates for local and state offices will be available to discuss their campaigns and current community issues in Ross Township next week.
Ross residents can meet candidates at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Sieb's Banquet Facility, 3382 Babcock Boulevard in Ross Township.
The event will be hosted by the Ross Township Democratic Committee.
The Ross Township Democratic Committee also is seeking individuals interested in filling positions as Democratic committeepersons.
Petitions for positions as a committeepersons require 10 valid signatures and can be notarized at the March 4 Meet the Candidates Night.
Committeepersons work to get candidates elected by canvassing neighborhoods, working the polls, attending committee meetings and make endorsements.
All 72 Democratic committeeperson seats are up for re-election this year, committee secretary Sabrina Korbel, 37, of Ross said.
Each of Ross' nine wards has four districts. Each district has a male and female committeeperson.
Fifty of the seats are filled, and 22 currently are vacant.
All seats are up for election in the May 20 primary. Each committeeperson is elected to a four-year term.
For more information or to obtain a petition, call Franny Salachup, committee chairwoman at 412-366-9746.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shaler officials OK modifications to cell tower off Glenn Scott Drive
- Hampton grad grabs lead in music video
- Professional actress offers coaching at Jeter Backyard Theater in Pine
- Molly Maguires celebrate 50 years of making music with Etna, Shaler concerts
- Shaler take-back event offers chance to safely dispose of prescription drugs
- Charity named for late Hampton boy keeps raising funds to battle cancer
- Temple Ohav Shalom welcomes new rabbi, directors in time for High Holidays
- Children promoting nonviolence target of International Day of Peace in North Park
- Residents in Bennington Woods plan focus on safe driving