McKnight Road lane closures scheduled for next week
Drivers on McKnight Road will face lane closures on McKnight Road next week so crews can seal cracks and joints that cause potholes, PennDOT officials said Thursday.
Short-term, slow-moving lane closures will occur in both directions at various locations between Evergreen Road on Pittsburgh's North Side and Pine Creek Road in McCandless, according to PennDOT.
Work will begin at 7 p.m. Monday, and lane closures will continue weeknights from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. through June 13, weather permitting.
The work, previously postponed due to inclement weather, will prolong the life of the road surface and will be conducted by Concrete Coring Company Inc., based in Enon, Ohio, PennDOT officials said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- North Hills Community Outreach’s Community Auto program giving away vehicle
- North Hills students collect food for families
- New Mexican restaurant to open in McCandless
- ‘Singin’ with Santa’ concert to ring in holidays at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church in Allison Park
- McIntyre students hope Buddy Bench is beneficial to all
- McCandless center helps residents make beautiful music
- Retiring custodian described as ‘heart and soul’ of Richland Elementary
- St. Sebastian STEM class makes learning fun for students
- Etna, Millvale homes go solar
- Youth Planting Change program aims to grow horizons for North Allegheny students
- Hampton hires part-time police officer