West View Community Day set for Saturday
West View Community Day will start at 3 p.m. Saturday and conclude with a movie at dusk.
Festivities will take place at Bronx Field, near the intersection of Center and Bronx avenues in West View.
The Kids Corner will feature a bounce house and games. Police will do fingerprinting of children for security purposes and do safety checks on bicycles.
Radio station 3WS, 94.5 FM, will provide music.
Food that will be available will include hot dogs, funnel cakes, pizza, ice balls and nachos.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- New location in Ross enables store to continue mission of helping women
- North Allegheny Science Bowl teams to compete in national championship
- Hampton 6th-grader shines at computer fair
- Shaler approves $244K paving plan
- Shaler Area students shine in Integration Bee
- Preliminary Hampton school budget calls for tax hike
- Millvale library turning toward solar power thanks to Sun Club donation
- Eden Hall Upper Elementary student spearheads school recycling program
- Neighborhood street fair scheduled for The Chadwick in McCandless
- Cardiff Heights developer to seek approval for town houses in Ross
- Cracked sidewalks pose danger for West View wheelchair users