Perry Highway work planned for McCandless, Ross, this weekend
Part of Perry Highway in McCandless will be reduced to a single lane in McCandless and Ross this weekend as PennDOT crews conduct milling and concrete repairs.
PennDOT District 11 officials announced that work will occur in the southbound direction between Longvue Avenue and Sewickley Oakmont Road from Aug. 8 to 11, weather permitting.
Work will occur around the clock beginning at 7 p.m. Friday night and end at 6 a.m. Monday.
PennDOT officials estimate that at least eight weekends will be required for milling and paving operations, though the project also involves concrete patching, drainage improvements, guide-rail upgrades, curb-cut ramps, retaining-wall repairs, pavement markings and other miscellaneous construction.
Money for the project is coming from Act 89, the state's new transportation law.
The Lane Construction Corp. of Kennedy Township is the prime contractor.
Kelsey Shea is a staff writer at Trib Total Media. Reach her at email@example.com or at 724-772-6353.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Photo Gallery: Marshall’s ‘Brunch with Santae_SSRq
- Photo Gallery: Hanukkah dinner at McCandless temple
- Photo Gallery: North Hills High School gingerbread houses
- North Hills principal aims to make world ‘a better place’
- Proposed housing plan in Ross tabled following concerns
- Shaler tax rate stays steady
- Wexford Elementary earns Blue Ribbon honor
- Program offers Pine-Richland students look at career options
- Hampton High grad earns Miss Pennsylvania title
- Banking program aims to make Shaler Area students fiscally responsible
- Shaler Area reaches contract agreement through June 20, 2019 with superintendent