Tank project approved by North Huntingdon officials
North Huntington commissioners unanimously approved a request by the Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County to build a 1.5-million gallon water-storage tank at the end of Virginia Avenue in the Ardara section. Authority officials need to install the new $1.2 million tank before work can begin to refurbish the existing 5-million gallon storage tank on the site, which will cost about $500,000. Work is expected to begin in late summer and be completed in the spring.
In other business:
The North Huntingdon commissioners approved the appointment of 13 residents to fill vacant seats on various municipal boards at its meeting on Jan. 13.
The following appointments were passed by a 6-0 vote. Commissioner Donald Austin was absent.
• Jim McHugh, four-year term on the planning commission, ending December 2017.
• John Skooglund, five-year term on the zoning hearing board, ending December 2018.
• Rod Stewart, three-year term on the educational service agency, ending December 2016.
• Jennifer Stump, unexpired term on the recreation board, ending December 2014.
• Melanie Harris, unexpired term on the recreation board, ending December 2015.
• Marie Moore, unexpired term on the recreation board, ending December 2015.
• Dale Wonderley, code hearing board.
• Robert Merda, Kevin Zenk, Charles Henaghan, Louis Durigon, four-year terms on emergency management committee, ending December 2017.
• Bill Miller, five-year term on North Huntingdon Township Municipal Authority, ending December 2018.
• Dave Brown, five year term on Western Westmoreland Municipal Authority, ending December 2018.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dispute over meeting rules makes for unruly Irwin Council meeting
- Norwin homecoming festivities begin Thursday
- Alumni, Friends Association forms to bolster Norwin community
- North Huntingdon’s Piekut wins international title
- Rose to be honored with plaque in Irwin park that bears his name
- New trash deal means new services for North Huntingdon