Indians blanked, 14-0, by Peters Township
The Penn Hills Indians varsity football team dropped to 1-1 in conference play, following a 14-0 loss to Peters Township on Friday night.
Despite outgaining them in total yards —and despite Peters Township putting up, literally, zero passing yards — the Indians fell short on a night that saw quarterback Darius Holloway go 9-for-15 for 126 yards.
Peters Township's backfield, comprised of Marcus Ubinger, Mike Minjock and John Fazio, combined for the team's entire offense, racking up 190 yards on 30 carries. Aaron Bailey rushed for 73 yards on 15 carries for the Indians, but couldn't find the endzone.
The Indians were also set back by 10 penalties for 90 yards.
Next up is a Thursday night game against Baldwin High School, which will be televised by Root Sports and will feature a special halftime ceremony honoring former varsity football coach Andy Urbanic, as well as recognize the 75th anniversary of Penn Hills football.
Patrick Varine is an editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7845 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Black Friday trends, tactics change, but Americans still love bargains
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Light of Life offers ‘More Than A Meal’ Thanksgiving event
- District college game of the week: Washington & Jefferson at Mount Union
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Youngwood Fire Department to dedicate memorial at station
- Researchers at Pennsylvania’s top universities take to the web to fund projects
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- Porterfield: Hunters’ breakfast buffet planned at Mill Run Grille
- Gridiron nomad Christian makes last collegiate stop at WVU
- Penn Hills boy who drowned remains an inspiration to parents