Photo gallery: Firemen's Appreciation Day
Rapp Funeral Home officials invited the community to join them Sept. 15 for a day of showing appreciation to local volunteer firefighters. Fire crews from Penn Hills and Verona brought trucks, safety demonstrations and more to the funeral home on Frankstown Road.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Somerset police charge man with kidnapping, robbing 82-year-old
- State Superior Court upholds conviction, sentence of former Justice Melvin
- It’s only exhibition, but these Steelers could solidify roster spots vs. Eagles
- Pitt recruit Rowan leaving Lincoln Park
- Starkey: Stupid Steelers
- Kiss’ makeup has changed, but their impact remains strong
- Power outage keeps HOV lanes closed Thursday afternoon
- New Kensington slaying victims identified
- Steelers running backs Bell, Blount will face drug charges
- Kittanning man charged with selling heroin in Ford City
- Youngwood shelter removes 44 dogs, 9 cats from shuttered Fayette SPCA