Candlelight vigil in Penn Hills will mark third anniversary of officer’s death
Published: Thursday, December 6, 2012, 12:36 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, December 16, 2012
The Penn Hills Community Renaissance Group will host a candlelight vigil from 7 to 8 p.m. outside the Penn Hills Municipal Building on Frankstown Road. The public is invited to attend.
The vigil will mark the third anniversary of the murder of police officer Michael Crawshaw, who was shot and killed while responding to a call in December 2009. The vigil will also recognize the 40th anniversary of the deaths of Sgt. William Schrott and Officer Bartley Connolly, who were shot and killed while working off-duty security in March of 1972.
In the case of Crawshaw, prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for Ronald Robinson Jr., the Homewood man charged in Crawshaw's homicide.
Robinson's attorney recently sought a change of venue for the case, accusing the district attorney's office of tainting the Allegheny County jury pool by releasing information about the rejection of a plea deal.
- Penn Hills zoning board will hear Vocollect appeal this week
- Penn Hills fixture Richey retires after working for 78 years at hardware store
- Penn Hills, Plum vets join for Memorial Day ceremony
- Food at core of Lincoln Park Community Center’s mission
- What to know about a terminal case of ‘senioritis’
- Nameless in August headlines Penn Hills Coffeehouse
- Schifino participates in Roundball Classic
- PHSD looks to reduce projected deficit
- Linton Middle School principal on leave
- School board hopefuls eye changes
- Penn Hills schools will kick off Kennywood ticket sales this week
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.