VFD: No major injuries in Universal Road crash
By Patrick Varine
Published: Friday, January 25, 2013, 11:06 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, February 2, 2013
Emergency responders reported no life-threatening injuries in a Friday-morning crash along Universal Road.
Emergency crews were originally alerted for a report of a two-car accident on Universal near its intersection with Beech Road. Penn Hills Volunteer Fire Department Assistant Chief Bill Jeffcoat said responders found four patients, two of whom were trapped inside their car.
“EMS was able to force one of the doors open and got an elderly female patient out,” Jeffcoat said. “Another female, the driver, was entrapped.”
Jeffcoat said four people were transported from the scene for medical attention, but added there did not appear to be any life-threatening injuries.
The crash occurred shortly before 10 a.m.
Patrick Varine is an editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7845 or email@example.com.
- Penn Hills, Plum vets join for Memorial Day ceremony
- Penn Hills fixture Richey retires after working for 78 years at hardware store
- Food at core of Lincoln Park Community Center’s mission
- Penn Township, Trafford ambulance companies call for direct payment from insurers
- What to know about a terminal case of ‘senioritis’
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.