Hampton Inn collecting donations for displaced Penn Hills family
By Patrick Varine
Published: Friday, February 8, 2013, 10:42 a.m.
Updated: Friday, March 29, 2013
The staff of the Hampton Inn in Monroeville is doing much more than just hosting a family who lost their Coal Hollow Road home in a Jan. 30 fire.
They are helping the family start over.
Andrew Frost, director of sales and marketing at the Hampton Inn Monroeville, said staff members are collecting community donations of clothing and toys to give to the family — a single mother with two children and a dog.
Frost initially posted on the Hampton Inn Monroeville's Facebook page, and said the hotel had received four boxes of donations less than 24 hour later.
“Facebook hosts a lot of stupid stuff, so I thought I would post something a little more worthwhile,” Frost said.
The hotel will be accepting donations through Friday and is located at 3000 Mosside Blvd. in Monroeville. For more information, call 412-380-4000.
Patrick Varine is an editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7845 or email@example.com.
- Penn Hills fixture Richey retires after working for 78 years at hardware store
- Food at core of Lincoln Park Community Center’s mission
- PHSD looks to reduce projected deficit
- Linton Middle School principal on leave
- Penn Township, Trafford ambulance companies call for direct payment from insurers
- What to know about a terminal case of ‘senioritis’
- Penn Hills, Plum vets join for Memorial Day ceremony
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.