Golden Gloves boxing card set for 3 Lakes in Penn Hills
The Western Pennsylvania Police Athletic League will host an evening of Golden Gloves boxing March 2 at 3 Lakes Golf Course, located at 6700 Saltsburg Road.
The fights will start at 7 p.m. and will include 10 to 12 bouts.
A number of Pittsburgh-area boxers will be featured on the card, including Plum High School student Matt Hefner, 14, and Plum native Craig Kido, 30.
For more information or tickets, call 412-298-7373.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates rout Cardinals to keep things interesting in NL Central
- LaBar: Best next opponent for Brock Lesnar
- Rams take down TJ in season opener
- BVA breaks in new field by beating Trinity
- Defense sparks Freeport to Allegheny Conference victory over Shady Side Academy
- Bank of New York Mellon computer glitch examined for harm to investors
- Clairton picks up where it left off, rout California, 72-0
- Leader Times roundup: Karns City rolls in opener
- High temperatures, low gas prices could entice 30.4M holiday travelers
- Connellsville Area School District to honor Hall of Fame inductees
- Charleroi can’t survive Scotties’ thunder