Work set to begin on structurally-deficient Oakmont bridge
PennDOT District 11 is announcing the structurally-deficient bridge that carries Plum Street (Route 2080) over Plum Creek in Oakmont will be closed to traffic long-term beginning on Monday, April 15.
Traffic will be detoured using the following routes:
From the west: Take Allegheny River Boulevard (Route 2073) south; make a left onto Sandy Creek Road (Route 130); continue east and turn left onto Saltsburg Road (Route 2058); left onto Hamill Road (Route 2078); turn right onto Hulton Road (Route 2074); bear left onto Indiana Road (Route 2070); bear left onto Hamill Road; turn right onto Hunter Road (Route 2080); continue straight to Plum Street.
The closure will begin at 7 a.m. on Monday and continue through early July. The bridge area is east of Allegheny River Boulevard (Route 2037) near the intersection with Dark Hollow Road. About 2,614 vehicles use this bridge on an average day.
The $1.2 million project includes replacing the bridge deck, strip seal dams, sidewalk and parapets, substructure repairs, spot/zone painting, milling and overlay the approaches and other improvements.
When the project is completed, the structurally-deficient rating will be removed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- College basketball notebook: Tennessee close to hiring Barnes
- Injuries to Penguins’ Ehrhoff, Letang force defense to pick up slack
- Five is enough for Penguins’ defensemen
- Reversing the field: Pirates continue to raid Yankees for hidden skill
- Steelers’ Tomlin, Pirates’ Hurdle share similar philosophy
- Blaze guts South Greensburg home, kills 2 dogs
- Ligonier doctor’s appeal to practice rejected
- Pa. Game Commission will continue practice of boosting deer population in certain areas
- Recent early retirements in NFL could be trend — or simply a coincidence
- No injuries reported in Holy Family Manor fire in Ross
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy