PH Eagles soar at championship meet
Members of the Penn Hills Eagles Track Club broke five Three Rivers Association records at the USA Track & Field Three Rivers Association Championships, held in late June at California University of Pennsylvania.
In the 4x400-meter relay (sub-bantam girls), the team of Carley Freeman, Haven McCoy-Lofton, Gabrielle Williams and Kendall Williams beat the previous record of 6:21:70 with time of 5:47:56.
In the mini-javelin (Sub-Bantam boys), Robbie Thomas, broke the previous record (58-09) with a throw of 64-06.
In the 4x400-meter relay (Sub-Bantam boys), the team of Maliek Davis, Jos Johnson, Kenyan Smith and Robert Thomas broke the previous record of 6:42:75 by more than 22 seconds, posting a time of 6:18:07.
In the 4x400-meter relay (Bantam boys), the team of Josiah McCoy-Morant, Jacques Moye, DaSean Washington and Joshua Williams broke the previous record of 4:58:40 with a time of 4:52:02.
Finally, in the 4x100-meter relay (Midget boys), the team of Noah Butts, Jason Jackson, Din Johnson and Devin McCoy-Morant shaved just about a half-second off the previous record (54.80), posting a time of 54.26.
Below are other top-five finishers from the meet across the age categories.
Sub-Bantam girls(6 to 8 years)
• Carley Freeman, second place 800-meter, third place 400-meter
• Onnikka McArthur, fourth place 1,500-meter and mini-javelin, second place shot put
• Haven McCoy-Lofton, fifth place mini-javelin
• Gabrielle Williams, first place 400- and 800-meter
• Kendall Williams, second place 1,500-meter
Sub-Bantam boys (6 to 8 years)
• Maliek Davis, fifth place 400-meter
• Andrew Harris, fifth place 1,500-meter
• Kenyan Smith, fourth place 100-meter, fifth place 200-meter
• Deydon Soto, second place 1,500-meter
• Jermaine Taylor, fifth place 800-meter
• Maliek Davis, Jos Johnson, Kenyan Smith, Robert Thomas, first place 4x100-meter
Bantam girls(9 to 10 years)
• Naomi Shaviss, fifth place 1,500-meter
• Leelynn Banks-Willoughby, second place 1,500-meter
Bantam boys(9 to 10 years)
• Loran Jackson, fifth place 100-meter, second place 200-meter
• Langston McArthur, third place shot put
• Josiah McCoy-Morant, fourth place 400-meter, fifth place 800-meter
• Jacques Moye, third place 800-meter, first place 1,500-meter
• Antonio Pitts, first place 200-meter, first place 400-meter
• Noel Roach, second place 400-meter, first place 800-meter
• Loran Jackson, Antonio Pitts, Noel Roach, Joshua Williams, second place 4x100-meter
Midget girls (11 to 12 years)
• Daeja Biggs-Chavis, third place shot put, fourth place discus and mini-javelin
• DeShaya Biggs-Chavis, third place 100-meter, fifth place 200-meter
• Destiny Douglass, third place discus
• DeShaya Biggs-Chavis, Anyah Clark, Destiny Douglass, Kiera Ward, first place, 4x100-meter
• Shaylynn Germany, Jazzmin Tate, McKenzie Thompson, Kiera Ward, second place 4x400-meter
Midget boys (11 to 12 years)
• Din Johnson, second place 400-meter
• Devon McCoy-Morant, first place 100- and 200-meter
• Noah Butts, Jakai Fielder, Jason Jackson, Khari Smith, first place 4x400-meter.
Youth boys (13 to 14 years)
• Jermel Ward, fifth place, 200-meter hurdles
Intermediate boys (15 to 16 years)
• Joe Bey, third place discus
• Tyler Deshon Carter, first place 110-meter hurdles, 400-meter hurdles, long jump and triple jump
Young men (17 to 18 years)
• Donald Fitzgerland, fifth place 800-meter, second place 1,500-meter, first place high jump
• Samual Shaviss, fourth place 110-meter hurdles, third place 400-meter hurdles
• Rashad Taliferro, fourth place 800-meter, first place racewalk 3,000-meter