Agendas: Penn Hills council and planning commission
The following are agendas for upcoming Penn Hills municipal meetings.
Penn Hills council will meet at 7:30 p.m. on Aug. 19 in the council chambers at the municipal building, located at 12245 Frankstown Road. Items include:
• Approving an amendment to the rules and regulations of the Personnel Board regarding the validity of the Civil Service Eligibility List.
• Awarding a contract to Tresco Corp. for the 2013 Community Development Paving Project.
• Awarding a contract to Jadell Minnifield Construction Services for the sixth round of the municipality's demolition projects.
• Entering into a five-year agreement beginning in 2014 with Taser Int'l at a cost of $8,159 per year.
The Penn Hills Planning Commission will meet Aug. 22 at 7 p.m. in the council chambers of the municipal building (see address above). Items include:
• Site plan review for the construction of an 8,000-square-foot addition the existing industrial building at 234 Lott Road, owned by Gupta Permold Corp.
• A conditional-use request by URPD, LLC, to convert an office and light manufacturing building at 1700 Universal Road into an educational facility. The property is proposed to become a new location for the Imagine Penn Hills Charter School of Entrepreneurship. The case will also be heard by mayor and council at their Sept. 16 meeting.
• A discussion of the municipal Comprehensive Plan. Comments will be taken from the public.
For more information, call 412-798-2100 (council) or 412-798-2127 (planning).