Penn Hills council to swear in new police officers
Penn Hills Municipal Council will administer the oath of office to four new police officers at its Sept. 16 meeting. Other items on the agenda include:
• Resident Donald Sanker addressing council on the topic of recycling.
• A resolution to renew the municipality's contract for garbage, recycling and disposal for two years, through 2015.
• Awarding a contract to Fayette Parts Service, doing business as Napa Auto Parts, for the purchasing of automotive parts.
• Approving a conditional-use application for URPD LLC for the operation of the Penn Hills Charter School for Entrepreneurship at 1700 Universal Road.
• Approving the acquisition/disposition of vacant property on the 2400 block of Hill Street through the Allegheny County Vacant Property Recovery Program.
• Awarding a contract to Plum-based Pampena Landscaping & Construction for the Sandy Creek Bridge reconstruction project.
The meeting will take place at 7:30 p.m. in the council chambers of the municipal building, located at 12245 Frankstown Road. For more information, call 412-798-2100.
Patrick Varine is an editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7845 or firstname.lastname@example.org.