Photo gallery: Hempfield tops Lady Indians, 64-50
The Lady Indians varsity basketball team is off to a rocky start in its 2013-14 campaign. Losses to Hempfield and Shaler this week dropped the squad to 1-3 heading into a sectional matchup on Friday night at powerhouse Gateway.
Hempfield went home with a 64-50 victory over the Lady Indians.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Winfield man is one of a few to attend all 49 Super Bowl games
- Burrell students embark on educational adventure
- Springdale puts limits on adult businesses
- Penn State New Ken celebrates ‘Unity Day’
- Pirates trade Snider to Orioles for minor league pitcher
- Pens get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Daily Courier roundup: Southmoreland boys edge Mt. Pleasant
- Measles warning issued to Connellsville
- Now a Patriot, RB Blount’s thrilled to have moved on from Steelers
- Plum’s 1st property tax hike since 2006 could reach 6.2%
- Suspects in attempted Upper St. Clair home invasion held for court on other charges