Penn Hills girls soccer team prepares for busy indoor tournament
By Staff Report
Published: Thursday, Jan. 16, 2014, 3:30 p.m.
The Penn Hills High School Winterfest girls soccer tournament will take place Saturday at the Fralic Center on Valmartin Drive.
This will be the fourth year for the indoor tournament, which features three Penn Hills teams competing in a five-on-five format against squads from Oakland Catholic, Gateway, Kiski, Elizabeth Forward, South Allegheny, Belle Vernon, Southmoreland, Latrobe and Hempfield.
Games will begin at 8 a.m., with new games kicking off roughly every 10 to 15 minutes. Penn Hills teams are scheduled to play at the following times:
• 8 a.m. — Penn Hills White vs. Oakland Catholic
• 8:32 a.m. — Penn Hills White vs. Elizabeth Forward
• 9:20 a.m. — Penn Hills White vs. Kiski Blue
• 10:24 a.m. — Penn Hills White vs. Gateway Black
• 9:52 a.m. — Penn Hills Gold vs. Kiski White
• 10:56 a.m. — Penn Hills Gold vs. Southmoreland
• Noon — Penn Hills Gold vs. Latrobe Black
• 12:48 p.m. — Penn Hills Gold vs. Gateway Gold
• 1:30 p.m. — Penn Hills Red vs. South Allegheny Blue
• 2:02 p.m. — Penn Hills Red vs. Latrobe White
• 2:50 p.m. — Penn Hills Red vs. TBA
• 3:54 p.m. — Penn Hills Red vs. Belle Vernon Green
Quarterfinals and semifinals will begin at 7 p.m., with games starting every 15 minutes.
The finals will take place at 8:40 p.m.
The Fralic Center is located at 20 Valmartin Drive.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- A-K Valley high school notebook: Kiski Area soccer coach retires after 14 seasons
- Analysis: Kesler remains on Penguins’ radar as Shero looks bring back ‘Big 3’ formula
- Starkey: Steelers know when to say goodbye
- Manufacturing course opens Knoch students’ eyes
- Real estate goes techno
- Pirates’ big risk with pitch-heavy draft focus might soon pay off
- RV dealer seeks ‘breathing room’ in Allegheny Township
- Pension woes push A-K Valley school districts to seek higher tax limits
- Ex-Colts executive Polian: Approach free agency with caution
- With so many needs, Steelers can ill afford to miss in draft
- Valley wrestlers take unprecedented step at PIAA tournament