Penn Hills track teams sweep 400-meter relay at Tri-State Championships
A relay team of Penn Hills girls took first place in the 4x400-meter relay this weekend at the Tri-State Championships, held April 5 at West Mifflin High School.
The team of Jayda Berry, Terri Collington, Chances Foy, Seraya Steward and Kristen Osunkwo took the top spot with a time of 4:12.64, about four seconds ahead of second-place finishers Mount Lebanon.
The boys' relay team also brought home first place in the 4x400-meter, with Cameron Hill, Khallid Young, Duwon Terrell and Dylin Wilhoite achieving a time of 3:28.65.
Other notable results included:
• Boys 200-meter dash: Khallid Young took fourth place (23.74).
• Boys 400-meter dash: Young took first place (51.85); Cameron Hill took fourth place (53.56).
• Boys 800-meter run: Dylin Wilhoite took second place (1:58.79).
• Boys 1,600-meter run: Wilhoite took second place (4:33.83); Duwon Terrell took ninth place (4:42.88).
• Boys 3,200-meter run: Terrell took ninth place (10:15.21).
• Boys 300-meter hurdles: Isaiah Jones took eighth place (42.99).
The boys team placed fourth overall in the team rankings.
The Tri-State Championships took place after the deadline for the April 10 issue of the Progress. In that issue, read about the track team's strong showing at the South Hills Classic, as they prepared for Tri-States.