Penn Hills Eagles Track Club gets results
The following are results for regional and national competitions in which the Penn Hills Eagles Track Club took part: the USATF Three Rivers Association Championships, held in June at California University of Pennsylvania, and the USATF Regional Championships, held in mid-July at Stockton College in New Jersey (noted with a *).
An interview with national championship silver medalist Robbie Thomas is included on this page of the Progress. All runners with regional (*) results listed competed in the national championships, held in late July in Humble, Texas:
• Sixth place, 100 meters: Nia Hart.
• Fourth place, 100 meters: Asya Murray.
• First place, 4x400 relay: Ny'ona Dyer, Nariah Goods, Nia Hart, Ameshia Thomas.
• First place, 4x400 relay: Ny'ona Dyer, Asya Murray, Nia Hart and Ameshia Thomas.*
• Second place, 400 meters: Maliek Davis (same result at regionals).
• First place, 100 meters: Jos Johnson (same result at regionals).
• First place, long jump and mini-javelin: Robbie Thomas (Thomas broke his own TRA mini-javelin record of 64'6” with a 77'7” throw).
• Fourth place, 800 meters: Jesse Townsend.
• Third place, 800 meters: De'reon Washington (same results at regionals)
• Sixth place, 400 meters: Ziare Wilder
• First place 4x400 relay: Maliek Davis, Jos Johnson, De'reon Washington, Ziare Wilder (the team broke its own 2013 record of 6:18.07 with a 5:46.44 time; they achieved another first-place finish at regionals).
• Fourth place, long jump/First place, mini-javelin: Robbie Thomas* (broke regional record set in 2012 with a 75-foot throw).
• Sixth place, 400 meters: Carley Freeman.
• Sixth place, 100 meters: Savannah McCoy-Lofton.
• Third place, mini turbo: Naomi Shaviss.
• Third place, 1500 meters: Gabrielle Williams.
• Fourth place, 1,500 meters: Kendall Williams.
• Second place, 4x100 relay: Dre'onna Lewis, Haven McCoy-Lofton, Savannah McCoy-Lofton, Larrissa Shelby.
• First place, 4x400A relay: Carley Freeman, Savannah McCoy-Lofton, Gabrielle Williams, Kendall Williams.
• Second place, 4x400B relay: N'Yeah Dyer, Dre'onna Lewis, Haven McCoy-Lofton, Naomi Shaviss.
• Sixth place, 800 meters: Gabrielle Williams*
• Second place, 4x100 relay: Leelynn Banks, Dre'onna Lewis, Savannah McCoy-Lofton, Larrissa Shelby.*
• First place, 4x400A relay: Leelynn Banks, Carley Freeman, Savannah McCoy-Lofton, Gabrielle Williams.*
• Second place, 4x400 relay: N'Yeah Dyer, Dre'onna Lewis, Naomi Shaviss, Kendall Williams.*
• Fourth place, 800 meters: Terry Craig.
• Fifth place, 1,500 meters: Andrew Harris.
• First place, 100 meters, 200 meters/Third place, 400 meters: Loran Jackson.
• Third place, 200 meters: Loran Jackson.*
• First place, discus/Second place, mini-javelin: Daeja Biggs-Chavis.
• Third place, 200 meters, 400 meters/Sixth place, 800 meters: Tatyana Wallace.*
• Fourth place, 80-meter hurdles/Third place, 100-meter hurdles: Kiera Ward.
• Second place, discus: Daeja Biggs-Chavis.*
• Fifth place, 400 meters: Tatyana Wallace.*
• Fifth place, 800 meters: Jakai Fielder.
• Fourth place, 100 meters and 200 meters: Jason Jackson.
• Sixth place, 400 meters: Josiah McCoy-Morant.
• First place, 1,500 and 3,000 meters: Jacques Moye.
• Fifth place, 100 meters and 400 meters/Second place, 200 meters: Antonio Pitts.
• Second place, 800 meters: DaSean Washington.
• Fourth place, discus: Paul Yeterian.
• Second place, 4x100 relay: Jason Jackson, Vanderlee Stevenson, DaSean Washington, Mike Yeterian.
• First place, 4x400 relay: Jakai Fielder, Josiah McCoy-Morant, DaSean Washington, Mike Yeterian.
• Fourth place, 4x100 relay: Jason Jackson, Antonio Pitts, Vanderlee Stevenson, Mike Yeterian.*
• Second place, 4x400 relay: Jakai Fielder, Jacques Moye, DaSean Washington, Mike Yeterian.*
• Sixth place, triple jump/Fourth place, shotput: Destiny Douglas.
• Sixth place, 400 meters: Cameron Brown.
• Sixth place, 100 meters: Andrian Nanji.
• Fifth place, 400 meters/Third place, 800 meters: Torrey Quinn.
• Second place, 4x400 relay: Cameron Brown, DeShawn Mitchell, Adrian Nanji, Torrey Quinn.
• Fourth place, discus: Joe Bey.
• Sixth place, 110-meter hurdles/Second place, long jump/First place, triple jump: Tyler Deshon Carter.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.