Return to regional next for Penn-Trafford's Borkovich
By Matt Grubba
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2012, 9:29 p.m.
Four Penn-Trafford players took the course, but only one advanced from the WPIAL final.
Senior Haley Borkovich secured a spot in the PIAA Western Regional by placing sixth on Monday at the WPIAL Class AAA individual championship at 3 Lakes Golf Course with a 12-over-par round of 84.
The regional at Tom's Run Golf Course on Oct. 15 will be the second straight for Borkovich, but unlike last year, she will be the only Penn-Trafford representative there.
P-T golfers Morgan Rector, Casey Doran and Mia Barchetti all finished outside of the top seven at WPIALs.
Rector and Doran shot matching rounds of 92, while Barchetti struggled with a 50 on the front nine before finishing with a 94.
As a team, the undefeated Warriors are preparing for the WPIAL team championship at Cedarbrook Golf Course, 10 a.m. on Oct. 11.
On the boys' side P-T senior Max Doran was the co-medalist with a 2-over-par 74 in the boys individual semifinal at The Links at Spring Church on Sept. 25. He was scheduled to compete in the WPIAL final on Wednesday at Fox Chapel, after this edition's deadline.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Former PPG executive indicted in fatal NH crash
- Wilkinsburg woman, 24, dies in crash
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Review: Springsteen promises quick return at Pittsburgh show
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple
- Heyl: Even crooks know UPMC’s full of it
- Hearing to determine fate of sergeant accused of killing 2 deaf Iraqi boys
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder