Penn-Trafford field hockey in playoff hunt
By Matt Grubba
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2012, 9:29 p.m.
Penn-Trafford's field hockey team's path to defending the WPIAL title is hitting a crucial two-week stretch.
The team entered the second half of Section 1-AAA play with a 9-2-1 overall record but a 3-1-1 section record, which left it in third place behind North Allegheny (4-0-1) and Pine-Richland (4-1-0) in league play.
The Warriors host North Allegheny at 4 p.m. Thursday and visit Pine-Richland at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 11 in a pair of games that likely will decide if the Warriors return to the playoffs.
P-T entered the week on a three game winning streak after topping Norwin, 10-0, and nonsection opponents Mt. Lebanon and Peters Township, 5-0 and 1-0, respectively.
Leading P-T has been the offense, which is led by senior Amanda Steffey (24 goals, 9 assists), senior Sydney Pribanic (11 G, 10 A) and sophomore Isabel Siergiej (21 G, 5 A), who scored the lone goal against Peters Township unassisted.
Goalie Harry Miller has four shutouts this year, while also spending time on the field to help add depth to the defense.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Steeler testifies he didn’t know he was stabbed at first
- Pa. men to plead guilty to smuggling equipment to Middle East
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- ‘Save Chatham’ protesters ordered to leave Shadyside campus
- State College restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play