Penn-Trafford field hockey in playoff hunt
By Matt Grubba
Published: Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 9:29 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Penn-Trafford's field hockey team's path to defending the WPIAL title is hitting a crucial two-week stretch.
The team entered the second half of Section 1-AAA play with a 9-2-1 overall record but a 3-1-1 section record, which left it in third place behind North Allegheny (4-0-1) and Pine-Richland (4-1-0) in league play.
The Warriors host North Allegheny at 4 p.m. Thursday and visit Pine-Richland at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 11 in a pair of games that likely will decide if the Warriors return to the playoffs.
P-T entered the week on a three game winning streak after topping Norwin, 10-0, and nonsection opponents Mt. Lebanon and Peters Township, 5-0 and 1-0, respectively.
Leading P-T has been the offense, which is led by senior Amanda Steffey (24 goals, 9 assists), senior Sydney Pribanic (11 G, 10 A) and sophomore Isabel Siergiej (21 G, 5 A), who scored the lone goal against Peters Township unassisted.
Goalie Harry Miller has four shutouts this year, while also spending time on the field to help add depth to the defense.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or email@example.com.
- Kovacevic: The smartest man in hockey
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Pirates minor league notebook: Former 5th-round pick Glasnow shining in rotation
- Woman charged in fatal Lawrence County accident that killed cyclist
- Penguins notebook: Malkin makes points run
- Behind Crosby’s hat trick, Penguins sneak past Senators
- College baseball roundup: Seton Hill stays unbeaten
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch learns new form of 2-minute drill
- Organization helps cancer-stricken mother see her kids attend prom
- Uniontown man killed in shooting
- Indiana County man charged in assault on toddler
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.