None hurt when car smashes into door at polling place
Nobody was hurt Tuesday morning when a vehicle jumped a curb outside the Harrison Room and smashed into a glass door while the banquet hall was being used as a voting precinct.
Penn Township police Chief John Otto said a woman in her 70s and a passenger were in the vehicle.
Witnesses told police the woman appeared to have hit the gas pedal instead of the brake when she was pulling out of a parking spot around 11:30 a.m., Otto said.
Voting continued at the precinct despite the incident.
Chris Foreman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400 ext. 8671 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Arrests follow South Side fracas
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 4, Braves 2
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, ‘day-to-day’ with concussion
- Alvarez latest in Pirates’ revolving door at first base
- Flash!: ‘Bowling with the Bus’; Dreams of Hope fundraiser
- Oakmont club brings gardening inside at senior facility
- Income tax’s origin provides spark for Berry’s new thriller
- Gifting Gala attendees tell of Family House’s support system
- Michigan State tops Louisville in OT to reach Final Four
- Neutral decor doesn’t have to be noncommittal