Friends of PTARC offers grants for parks projects
Friends of Penn-Trafford Area Recreation Commission has set a Feb. 15 deadline for community groups and municipalities within the Penn-Trafford School District to apply for a matching grant to rehabilitate parks and recreation facilities or develop new ones.
The nonprofit group will award grants for up to 25 percent of a project's cost. Grants are capped at $10,000.
The group will announce the grants in March. Payments will be disbursed upon the submission of copies of construction invoices.
Grant proposals must include:
• the name of the requesting organization with an address and contact information;
• a detailed description of the project, with itemized materials, photos, specifications and layout;
• the project address and location;
• an itemized price quote;
• project revenue sources;
• an explanation of the need for the project and whom it will benefit;
• a project timeline; and
• the annual budget for the organization.
Applications should be submitted to Friends of PTARC, 2001 Municipal Court, Harrison City, 15636. Contact Cheryl Kemerer at 724-744-2171 ext. 205 or email@example.com for more information.