Friends of PTARC offers grants for parks projects
Published: Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 8:57 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Friends of Penn-Trafford Area Recreation Commission has set a Feb. 15 deadline for community groups and municipalities within the Penn-Trafford School District to apply for a matching grant to rehabilitate parks and recreation facilities or develop new ones.
The nonprofit group will award grants for up to 25 percent of a project's cost. Grants are capped at $10,000.
The group will announce the grants in March. Payments will be disbursed upon the submission of copies of construction invoices.
Grant proposals must include:
• the name of the requesting organization with an address and contact information;
• a detailed description of the project, with itemized materials, photos, specifications and layout;
• the project address and location;
• an itemized price quote;
• project revenue sources;
• an explanation of the need for the project and whom it will benefit;
• a project timeline; and
• the annual budget for the organization.
Applications should be submitted to Friends of PTARC, 2001 Municipal Court, Harrison City, 15636. Contact Cheryl Kemerer at 724-744-2171 ext. 205 or email@example.com for more information.
- Owners of unsightly Penn Township property on notice
- Penn Township’s summer paving project to begin
- Trafford wants to take close look at storm sewer
- Penn-Trafford attorney urges dismissal of whistleblower suit
- Local company putting wind-energy technology on edge in Penn Township
- Outsourcing idea in Penn-Trafford School District in comes under fire
- Organizers hope triathlon at Penn-Trafford draws more than 200
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.