Penn-Trafford Community Education Foundation announces grant winners
The Penn-Trafford Community Education Foundation announced the winners of its 2013 student-activity grant winners this month. Receipts include:
• Janice Ruoff, $1,250 for Trafford Middle School Drama Club to buy wireless performance microphones.
• Lynda Risnear and Rosemary Knapp, $900 for e-readers and e-books for the Penn Middle School reading competition team.
• Kelly Pratt, $529 for an after-school workshop at Harrison Park Elementary School concerning the disciplines of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
• Denise Yackovich and Riley McNally, $500 for an outdoor picnic table for the Penn Middle School random-act-of-kindness program.
• Trafford Elementary School, $450 for student book club.
• Level Green Elementary School, $450 for student book club.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Re-enactors to help mark anniversary of Battle of Bushy Run
- Penn Township housing plan gains commissioners’ approval
- Penn-Trafford volunteers welcome waiving of background check fees
- Unexpected storm water project to cost Manor $20,000
- Penn-Trafford High School library to be open to start new school year
- New transformer to be installed at Municipal Park