Konkus resigns from Manor Council; will remain WWMA board member
Chuck Konkus is resigning from Manor Council, but will remain a board member for the Western Westmoreland Municipal Authority – as a Penn Township resident.
Penn Township commissioners voted 4-1 Wednesday night to appoint Konkus to a board position that runs until the end of 2017. Larry Harrison voted against the appointment.
Konkus, who is moving into the township this week, said he submitted his resignation as Manor's representative on the WWMA board on Wednesday. Manor Council will act on his resignation from council at its March 20 meeting.
Konkus has been the president of Manor Council and the WWMA board. His seat on council expires at the end of this year.
Chris Foreman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 8671, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh author: ‘Supernatural’ generally can be explained
- Pitt students clean up Mon Valley neighborhoods for annual service day
- ReClaim McKeesport ambassadors transform vacant lot
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- North Versailles Township commissioner opposes closing Green Valley Primary School
- Animal Rescue League unveils drive to build new center
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial