Konkus resigns from Manor Council; will remain WWMA board member
By Chris Foreman
Published: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 10:09 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Chuck Konkus is resigning from Manor Council, but will remain a board member for the Western Westmoreland Municipal Authority – as a Penn Township resident.
Penn Township commissioners voted 4-1 Wednesday night to appoint Konkus to a board position that runs until the end of 2017. Larry Harrison voted against the appointment.
Konkus, who is moving into the township this week, said he submitted his resignation as Manor's representative on the WWMA board on Wednesday. Manor Council will act on his resignation from council at its March 20 meeting.
Konkus has been the president of Manor Council and the WWMA board. His seat on council expires at the end of this year.
Chris Foreman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 8671, or email@example.com.
- Trafford candidates outline their visions for borough
- Penn-Trafford officials seek input on remodeling
- Baseball center hopes to develop nine fields at former Westinghouse site in Trafford
- Redistricting plan provides continuity in state representation for Penn-Trafford School District residents
- Alcosan sues Western Westmoreland Municipal Authority over trailer-court consumption
- Candidates list for Manor, Penn Twp., Trafford, school board races
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.