Trafford bridge work to prompt detours
Another detour related to the construction of the Trafford Veterans Memorial Bridge is expected be in place this weekend.
Weather-permitting, sections of Brinton Avenue, Fifth Avenue and Westmoreland Road will be closed to traffic Friday through Sunday because of a paving project and the replacement of a manhole associated with the new bridge that will carry Route 130 traffic over Turtle Creek.
Road closures are scheduled to start at 7 a.m. Friday. Work by Mosites Construction is expected to continue around the clock until completion by mid- to late-afternoon Sunday.
Trafford Manager Jeff McLaughlin said police will be downtown to direct traffic.
Tractor-trailers driving west on Route 993 from North Huntingdon will not be permitted to drive through Trafford, said Jay Ofsanik, spokesman for the state Department of Transportation. Those drivers will have to follow a detour along routes 30 and 48 to get around the borough.
Because of the road work, Port Authority of Allegheny County buses will not make inbound stops at Westmoreland at Stewart Station Road; Fourth Avenue at Brinton; or Fifth at Cavitt Avenue.
Chris Foreman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 8671, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New transformer to be installed at Municipal Park
- Penn-Trafford High School library to be open to start new school year
- Penn-Trafford volunteers welcome waiving of background check fees
- Penn Township housing plan gains commissioners’ approval
- Unexpected storm water project to cost Manor $20,000
- Re-enactors to help mark anniversary of Battle of Bushy Run