Citing differences, Megon resigns from Trafford council
Trafford Council has an open seat as a result of Vicki Megon's resignation last week.
Megon, 47, becomes the fourth council member to leave the board in the past 16 months, starting with Frank Bruno's resignation. Rita Windsor decided not to seek re-election last year, while Henry Schultz lost races for both a two-year and four-year seat in November.
Council set a July 18 deadline for residents who want to submit letters describing their interest in the seat. The term runs through the end of 2015.
Megon, who joined council in 2010, credited her council colleagues for making “great strides in this town over the past five or six years.”
However, she said, she thought the borough was lacking in other areas, such as being able to retain volunteers.
“At this time, I do not feel we are striving for the same things,” Megon said.
In Megon's time on council, she was critical of the cost of the project for the new public-safety building. She then teamed up with Schultz, John Daykon and Rich Laird in March 2012 to remove Windsor as board president and Bruno as vice president and finance chairman after officials said they were overspending on the building.
Council members last week seemed surprised about Megon's decision to step down.
“I'm sorry to see it happen,” Laird said.
Chris Foreman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-871-2363 or email@example.com.