Snow tubing back at Boyce today
By Karen Zapf
Published: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 12:06 p.m.
Updated: Monday, February 11, 2013
Snow tubing is back on at Boyce Park.
Allegheny County spokesman Kevin Evanto said the snow-tubing area was scheduled to reopen at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday after being closed since Jan. 30 due to icy conditions.
The ski slopes had been closed as well Jan. 30 and 31 and reopened Feb. 1 after conditions improved, and officials were able to make snow to cover icy spots, Evanto said.
Evanto said the skiing area reopened first because snow-making equipment is located between the ski slopes and the snow-tubing area, and officials found it was quicker to get the ski slopes up and running.
“The ice created a potential danger for folks using the slopes, and we needed to get enough snow to cover the ice,” Evanto said.
For information on the operational status of the Boyce Park Ski Slopes & Snow Tubing Area, visit www.alleghenycounty.us/parks/fees/ski.aspx or call the 24-hour snow conditions line at 724-733-4665.
Karen Zapf is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 8753, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- Styx, REO Speedwagon and Nugent still up to rocking the crowd
- Goalie Anderson stands tall in Senators’ victory over Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Vitale a no-go
- News Alert
- Women take action to improve Kinloch park
- Deer Lakes School District may raise meal prices
- Buffalo Township celebrates Unity in the Community
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.