Candidates file for Plum primary
The following Plum residents have filed petitions with Allegheny County to campaign for local office in the 2013 primary, set for May 21:
Mayor: Incumbent Richard A. Hrivnak (D), and Dave Majernik (R), Joe Tommarello (R) and Christine Scardina-Gazzo (R).
Plum Council: (Four open seats, four-year terms): Incumbents Keith Nowalk (R), Michael Dell (R), Leonard J. Szarmach (R) and Mike Doyle (R) and challengers Ron Gancas (D), David Vento (D), Paul W. Dern (D) and Michael A. Guida (D).
Plum School Board: (Four open seats, four-year terms): Incumbents Salvatore Colella, Kevin Dowdell and Andrew Drake and challengers Jim Rogers, Dawn Lynn Check, Dana Jump and Michelle M. Stepnick.
All of the school board candidates are cross-filed for the Democrat and Republican ballots.
Tax Collector: (Four-year term): Incumbent Harry Schlegel (R) and challenger Jeff Russo (D).
The candidates are not officially on the ballot until their petitions are certified by the Allegheny County Division of Elections. The top-vote getters will advance to the fall general election.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Plum School Board looks to correlation between new Pivik building and achievement while debating Regency Park’s future
- Plum church launches new ministry focused on serving elderly
- Former Pivik Elementary building may be demolished to make way for sports fields in Plum
- Traffic study, safety plan on target for Plum’s Regency Park Elementary
- Plum officials pleased with uptick in SAT scores