Candidates file for Plum primary
The following Plum residents have filed petitions with Allegheny County to campaign for local office in the 2013 primary, set for May 21:
Mayor: Incumbent Richard A. Hrivnak (D), and Dave Majernik (R), Joe Tommarello (R) and Christine Scardina-Gazzo (R).
Plum Council: (Four open seats, four-year terms): Incumbents Keith Nowalk (R), Michael Dell (R), Leonard J. Szarmach (R) and Mike Doyle (R) and challengers Ron Gancas (D), David Vento (D), Paul W. Dern (D) and Michael A. Guida (D).
Plum School Board: (Four open seats, four-year terms): Incumbents Salvatore Colella, Kevin Dowdell and Andrew Drake and challengers Jim Rogers, Dawn Lynn Check, Dana Jump and Michelle M. Stepnick.
All of the school board candidates are cross-filed for the Democrat and Republican ballots.
Tax Collector: (Four-year term): Incumbent Harry Schlegel (R) and challenger Jeff Russo (D).
The candidates are not officially on the ballot until their petitions are certified by the Allegheny County Division of Elections. The top-vote getters will advance to the fall general election.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Worker driving vehicle hurt at Pittsburgh International Airport
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- High school roundup: South Fayette opens section play with victory
- Greensburg sues man, attorney over ‘frivolous’ case
- HS highlight reel: Highmark set to host HS matches
- Kittanning boys soccer team pleases new coach in season-opening loss