Boyce slopes, tubing areas to close for season
The Boyce Park ski slopes and snow tubing area closed for the season after a session on Saturday, the Allegheny County Parks Department said last week.
Also, the ice skating rinks in North Park and South Park closed for the season at the conclusion of the Sunday session.
For information on skating and rental equipment rates, visit www.alleghenycounty.us/parks/fees/skate.aspx.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Couple taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Post-it notes: Innovator will share secrets of social media
- Strike planned at ACMH Hospital in East Franklin on Tuesday
- Monessen man facing trial for resisting arrest
- Penguins coach Johnston’s mother dies
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin