School Road traffic pattern changes
School Road, which connects Old Leechburg Road and Center New Texas Road in Plum, became a one-way roadway effective Friday.
All School Road traffic must travel eastbound, entering on the Old Leechburg Road side and exiting onto Center New Texas Road.
The change was made to accommodate school bus and vehicle traffic on the road when students from Adlai Stevenson Elementary attend classes at the former Pivik Elementary on School Road beginning Aug. 26.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey all signage and roadway markings when traveling in the area.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Liriano, Pirates beat Giants, inch closer to lead in NL Central
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Former walk-ons may lose scholarships under Penn State’s Franklin
- Pirates think Mercer’s defense deserves more credit
- Penn Township man seeking gun permit accused of bringing heroin to courthouse
- Valley resident new CEO at Jefferson
- Father, son killed in East Huntingdon crash
- Rivers Casino sued by family of patron who died in car crash
- YouTube campaign by Latrobe 4-year-old aids Alzheimer’s Association