High school assistant principal at Plum heads to Carlynton
The Plum School District is looking for a new assistant high school principal.
Michael Loughren, assistant principal at Plum High School since 2008, is the new principal at Carlynton High School.
The Carlynton School Board on Aug. 12 voted to approve hiring Loughren to the position at a salary of $100,000. Loughren's salary at Plum was slated to be $80,051 this year.
Carlynton Superintendent Gary Peiffer said the search for a new high school principal had been a summer-long process.
“It was a priority to get a good person in here,” he said.
“He is someone who wants to be here. He wants to be a Carlynton Cougar.”
Loughren's hiring is effective immediately, Carlynton School Board President David Roussos said.
Prior to joining the Plum School District, Loughren was a teacher in the Fox Chapel School District.
Plum School District assistant Superintendent Guy Rossi said officials are looking for a new assistant principal.
Candidates may send in a resume, cover letter, three references, current Act 34, 114 and 151 clearances (dated within one year), principal certification and college transcripts by Aug. 30 to: Plum Borough School District, Attention: Michael R. Brewer, Director of Administrative Services, 900 Elicker Road, Plum, PA 15239.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
- Energy sector adjusts to global oil plummet
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- New York farmers lament lost opportunity for gas riches
- Pitt survives Oakland’s upset bid with overtime victory
- Pitt players support Rudolph for job
- The language of bribery from the Philly legislative sting case
- Climate changes, habitat loss cited as threats to 314 bird species
- Lifesaving risks: Thorough evaluations coming for potential organ donors