Community center closed, but meal delivery will continue Wednesday
The Plum Community Center will be closed on Wednesday due to the cold temperatures, according the center Director Nina Segelson.
Segelson said the home-delivered meal program will continue as scheduled.
Forecasters at the National Weather Service expect temperatures to drop below zero on Wednesday, along with severe wind chills. The high temperature in Pittsburgh on Wednesday should reach 10 or 11 degrees, though the wind will make it feel as cold as 15 below zero, according to the weather service.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Kittanning boys soccer team pleases new coach in season-opening loss
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Maryland doctor will give up license
- 2nd American journalist beheaded as ISIS jihadist taunts, ‘I’m back, Obama’
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Worker driving vehicle hurt at Pittsburgh International Airport
- IUP’s Lane seizes big opportunity