Southmoreland boys soccer coach resigns
Published: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 8:53 p.m.
Updated: Monday, March 11, 2013
Southmoreland's boys soccer team is in need of a new coach.
Chris Fabian recently resigned after three years on the job and 11 in the school district in various coaching positions. These included stints with the junior high boys and girls teams, as well as the ninth-grade boys team. He also served as assistant coach for the boys soccer team at the high school before being hired as head coach in July 2010.
When contacted recently, Fabian didn't want to say much about his reasons other than to say there wasn't a particular one that led to his decision. “Just a change of pace,” he said.
Athletic Director Charlie Swink admitted he was sad to see Fabian leave the post.
“I thought he did a good job,” Swink said. “I thought he'd be there longer. I wish him well. Hopefully, some day he'll come back.”
The Scotties finished 6-10-2, 5-6-1 in Section 6-AA in the recently completed season.
— Paul Paterra
- Southmoreland board plans vote on spending plan
- Development of railroad played a pivotal role around Scottdale
- Jacobs Creek Watershed Association eye Greenlick Dam, Jacobs Creek Park
- Annual Southmoreland Schools/Scottdale Community Picnic offers relaxing atmosphere
- Winning Cash 5 ticket sold at Scottdale business
- Actors and Artists of Fayette County bringing ‘Oz’ to Geyer
- Candidates still tied for final Southmoreland School Board spot
- Scottdale Parks and Recreation Committee set for Olympics
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.