E. Huntingdon road sweeping scheduled week of March 17
By Marilyn Forbes
Published: Wednesday, March 6, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, March 6, 2013
As long as the weather cooperates, East Huntingdon Township Supervisors still plan to clean township roads the week of March 17.
“Weather permitting, we'll be out that week for sure,” Supervisor Paul Hodgkiss said. The supervisors said that they announced the road sweeping early, because it is usually something that has to be planned well in advance.
“It's something that we have to announce early so people know,” supervisor Howard Keefer said, adding they will collect the anti-skid and stone from the roadways and bring it back to the township shed to be added to the existing pile as part of their recycling efforts.
The supervisors were asked about surveying being done in the Fleming Hill area of Pittsburgh Street in the township and said that they weren't sure.
“I've been there myself and I don't know,” supervisor Joel Suter said. “We've all been by there at different times and we haven't seen anybody to ask.”
The supervisors also passed a motion to give a permit to the Crossroads Village Mobile Home Park.
“It's something that they have to get every year,” Hodgkiss said of the permits.
The supervisors also passed a motion to hire Reed Smith LLC as a special counsel to East Huntingdon Township, to help them with some environmental issues.
Reed Smith LLC has expertise in that area.
Marilyn Forbes is a freelance writer.
- Nichole’s Chic Boutique relocates to East Huntingdon
- Trip to Nickers and Neighs provides exercise, relaxation for Southmoreland Primary Center students
- Work planned at Scottdale’s Pittsburgh Street Park
- Southmoreland baseball team displays improvement, potential for more
- Southmoreland sports roundup: Boys tennis season upended in WPIAL quarterfinals
- ‘Walk Now for Autism Speaks’ set for Sunday at Idlewild
- Buddy system aids readers at Southmoreland Primary Center
- Southmoreland baseball parents plan golf outing
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.