Upper Tyrone renovation involves new restrooms
By Rachel Basinger
Published: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, March 20, 2013
The Upper Tyrone Township Municipal Building will soon have new restrooms.
At their meeting March 12, supervisors awarded the renovation project to Suter & Sons Inc. for the bid price of $15,130.
The bid was contingent upon the township's available funding as well as receiving the required documents from the contractor. Once the township's engineers approved the contract documents, submitted approval will be granted to proceed with construction.
Supervisors are hoping construction will get under way by April 1.
In other business, supervisors have ordered and received new signs that will be put up throughout the upcoming months to replace all of the signs in the township that are currently in place.
Supervisor Bill Edwards said the township received a grant that covers all of the costs to replace every sign in the township, as well as allowing them to purchase extra ones that were needed.
Finally, a motion passed to change the scheduled April 9 meeting to April 16 due to the absence of Supervisor Chuck Cook on April 9.
Rachel Basinger is a freelance writer.
- Scottdale’s Old Time Hockey captures dek championship
- Southmoreland Elementary students win at Physics Fun Fair
- Scottdale, neighboring communities plan Memorial Day events
- Southmoreland High School students work on ‘special’ book
- Mt. Pleasant pair answering the call to help in Haiti
- Scottdale approves grass-cutting pact
- Everson council mulls hiring full-time officer
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.