Southmoreland High School's 2013 homecoming court named
Nicole Alcorn, Kaylee Cummins, Jessica Depta, Kelsey Kuhns, Hannah Porter, Raelynn Rice and Tara Ritz were selected as Southmoreland High School's 2013 homecoming court.
The queen will be chosen during halftime of the Scotties game with Greensburg Central Catholic Oct. 4.
• Nicole Alcorn, daughter of Chad and Keely Alcorn of Scottdale, enjoys long boarding and tattoos. She plans to pursue her dream of being a tattoo artist after graduation. She will be escorted by her father, Chad, during halftime festivities.
• Kaylee Nicole Cummins, daughter of Joseph and Jolene Cummins of Mt. Pleasant, is a member of the girls soccer team, where she serves as captain. She also participates in track, basketball, varsity club, Highlander choir and once-a-month club. She enjoys soccer, volunteering and music in her spare time. Cummins plans to attend college to pursue a degree in a yet to be determined career path. She will be escorted by her father, Joseph, during halftime festivities.
• Jessica Lauren Depta, daughter of Chad and Janell Klatt and John Depta of Scottdale, serves as student council president, cheerleading captain, editor of the yearbook. In addition, she is a member of the mentoring program, reading buddies, varsity club and concert chorus.
She enjoys jazz, hip-hop and lyrical dance at the Regional Family YMCA in Mt. Pleasant, softball, shopping and being with friends in her spare time. Depta plans to attend Carlow University or Indiana University of Pennsylvania to pursue a degree in nursing after graduation. Her goal is to work in pediatrics at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh. She will be escorted by her stepfather, Chad Klatt, during halftime festivities.
• Kelsey Elizabeth Kuhns, daughter of Russell Kuhns II and Leslie Kuhns of Mt. Pleasant, is a member of the softball team, cross country team, National Honor Society, Spanish National Honor Society, Spanish club, varsity club and Youth Education Association.
She enjoys playing travel fast-pitch softball for Y-Synergy, traveling, shopping, reading, social activities with close friends, watching movies and coaching fast-pitch softball in her spare time. Kuhns plans to attend Seton Hill University, where she will pursue a degree in biochemistry with a minor in psychology. She will continue her passion for softball as a member of the SHU Lady Griffins softball team. She will be escorted by her father, Russell, during halftime festivities.
• Hannah Elizabeth Porter, daughter of Jim and Lisa Porter of Scottdale, is a member of student council where she serves as class secretary. She's also a member of the once-a-month club, Youth Education Association, yearbook staff, varsity club, basketball team (where she serves as captain), soccer, track, chorus, Group Effort for Maximum Success, reading buddies and student life choices. She also participated in powderpuff football, hoop-it-up and bump-it-up. She enjoys spending time with family and friends, playing basketball, running and shopping in her spare time.
Porter plans to major in fashion merchandising in college and pursue a career in the fashion industry after graduation. She will be escorted by her father, Jim, for homecoming festivities.
• Raelynn Rice, daughter of Raymond and Tonya Rice of Tarrs, is student council secretary and a member of varsity club, art council, Spanish club, drama club, freshman mentor, cheerleading and softball. She also participated in powderpuff football and bump-it-up. She enjoys playing sports and shopping in her spare time. Rice plans to attend Empire Beauty School for cosmetology, then pursue a degree in nursing from a university or community college. She will be escorted by her brother, Raymond, for the homecoming festivities.
• Tara Ritz, daughter of Jeff and Neva Ritz of Mt. Pleasant, serves as president of the National Honor Society and is a member of Spanish National Honor Society, soccer, cheerleading, track and field, Highlander Choir, all-academic team, scholar athlete, Group Effort for Maximum Success, drama club, Spanish club, varsity club, chorus and student life choices. She also participated in powderpuff football, bump-it-up and hoop-it-up events. She enjoys playing sports, fitness, singing, boating, spending time with friends and playing piano in her spare time. Ritz plans to attend Penn State university as a biology major, with a neuroscience minor after graduation. Ritz will be escorted by her brother, Andrew, at halftime.
Kelly Vernon is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-547-5722 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy